Mr. Forry is US legal counsel in international finance, investment and taxation. He is also a university professor in international finance, investment and taxation at US, Asian, European and Latin American law and business schools.
Professionally he has been, inter alia:
- Founder of a California law firm focused on US investments from abroad;
- Senior partner with law firm Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP in charge of the firm’s California offices and its international section’s Pacific Rim and Latin America practices, as well as a member of the firm’s Governing Board;
- Partner with Ernst & Young LLP in New York in international taxation, as well as initiator and first global leader of its Project Finance group and director of the firm’s Foreign Legal Services Alliances; and
- International counsel and principal, as well as director of tax education and tax publications, with law and accounting firms focused on mid-market businesses and private clients.
At academic institutions he has been most recently:
- Director of Tax Programs and selected International Programs and Professor in Residence at the University of San Diego (USD) Law School;
- Visiting Professor and initiator of USD Law School’s agreements on tax and other academic programs at Peking University School of Transnational Law (China) and Direito GV (Brazil);
- Professeur Invité at the Centre du Droit de l’Entreprise within Montpellier University Law School (France);
- Lecturer at Ecole Supérieure de Commerce, Toulouse (France);
- Adjunct Professor in the LL.M. and J.D. programs at Fordham Law School (New York); and
- Member of the Academic Council of the Garrigues Institute of Global Law within the University of Navarre (Spain).
Mr. Forry has served on the Advisory Group to the US Commissioner of Internal Revenue and on numerous professional organization committees and projects. He has authored or co-authored six books and approximately 50 articles on international finance, investment and taxation.
He is a graduate of Amherst College and Harvard Law School.